Conditions Treated by Physiotherapy
1. Musculoskeletal conditions such as back and neck pain/injury, torn rotator cuff, sprained ankles, plantar fasciitis, muscle strains (e.g. pulled hamstrings), rheumatoid & osteoarthritis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, stiffness & weakness of limbs secondary to a fracture.
2. Neurological conditions such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis & spinal cord injuries.
3. Medical conditions such as COPD (asthma, chronic bronchitis) and cancer.
4. Post Surgical conditions such as total hip or knee replacements, heart or abdominal surgery.
5. The Elderly: looking at Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), generalized weakness, poor balance and assessing the need for equipment to maintain independence.